Thursday 22 March 2012

new era | innovative culture




 
That simple retrace into the past can reveal the hidden traces of a journey and ignite the birth of a new connecion between past , present and that link to the future. I could swear I have never had a love for raisins in my entire life. That held true till today.  I ate that raisin cake like there was no tomorrow.  To be honest it triggered a lot of my suspicion towards this sudden era. No pun intended. Judging from the situation, this raisin cake was the top hit on the menu, everybody was talking about it. Leaving every sentence to be coated by the lovely tease of how the raisin cake is and would be the best cake of all time.  This experience got me questioning the word innovation itself. Like the raisin cake I had today , it has become the hype of the society. Things are starting to revolve around the word innovative. Through its widespread effect, innovation has become an important topic in various areas such as business, design,   economics,  entrepreneurship,  engineering , technology and  sociology. Yet today I circled this sociology part. I thought of my roots, my values , my beliefs and my experiences which have shaped my personality and character, including this new found love for raisins. I pictured the globalised world today , and how it has managed to create what we now call the globalized citizen. Immediately the idea of my initial beliefs is shattered. Shattered not because my roots have been derooted, but the tree has been truly modified, taking into account experiences and encounters with different cultures, indeed a new sort of innovation. Now can we call that innovation of culture or what? Innovation of societies , through creating better individuals who are ready to embrace difference and diversity and not shun it. Innovation of self by breaking old traditions useless to humanity and shattering  those walls to build a greater self.  Turning lemons into oranges, is the riddle.

Whoever said an lemons tree cant grow anything else but lemons, must have lied |That I swear is innovation of societies | breaking new ground | creating more value | shaping a new culture|

No comments:

Post a Comment